Rio de Janeiro (RJ) – From November 26 to 30, the Folding, Parachute Maintenance and Air Support Battalion (B DOMPSA) participated in Operation Saci, which aims to train the Staff and Military Organizations of the Parachute Infantry Brigade (Bda Inf Pqdt) in external defense activities with a focus on air-terrestrial operations.
The maneuver took place in the lakes region, in the state of Rio de Janeiro, in Búzios, São Pedro da Aldeia, Arraial do Cabo and Cabo Frio, crowning the Brigade’s year of instruction. In the scope of the Operation, the DOMPSA supported the Bda Inf Pqdt by performing the following tasks:
- deployment and operation of a Cargo Terminal (TECA), at Santa Cruz Air Base and at São Pedro da Aldeia Naval Air Base;
- distribution of parachutes in support of the Infiltration of the Precursor Detachments and the Assault Squads of the Task Forces Biguá, of the 25th Parachute Infantry Battalion (25° BI Pqdt), Chivunki of the 26th Parachute Infantry Battalion (26° BI Pqdt), and Velame of the 27th Parachute Infantry Battalion (27° BI Pqdt);
- preparation of loads for the Airborne Launching of Supply;
- preparation of loads for the Airborne Transport, in the Escort Squadron; and
- Operation of an Airborne Material Collection Station, in a land and water launching zone, during the jump of the Task Force Biguá (25° BI Pqdt), in the Araruama-RJ lagoon.
Source: Battalion Folding, Parachute Maintenance and Airborne Supplies